Rachael’s Secret Tea Room
Hello! I’m Rachael and welcome to my Secret Tea Room.
I can hear you asking what is a Secret Tea Room? I have to say I had not heard of one either so you are not alone.
- Do you enjoy afternoon tea?
- Do you enjoy spending time with friends and family?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
- Do you enjoy a bit of ‘me’ time?
- If you answer yes to all of the above, continue reading…
Down to business…
Rachael’s Secret Tea Room is open from
Due to me not taking a deposit, please make sure that you can attend the date specified or let me know as soon as possible if you need to cancel so that your place(s) can be filled.
Please click here to book. I will confirm your booking within 48 hours and email you directions – if easier, directions can be posted. At the time of booking, I will ask if you have any dietary requirements which I will accommodate the best I can.
Your Own Home
If you would prefer to have afternoon tea in your own home but without all of the fuss, then please contact me as I can provide the vintage crockery as well as the food. I can prepare, serve and look after your guests or I can leave you to entertain, your choice. Perfect for a hen do or other special occasions.
The cost is £20 per person to reflect time spent at this unique experience.
Please talk to your friends and family about my secret tea room but please do keep my location as a secret….
A little taster of what to expect, the menu will change on a regular basis…
- A refreshing home-made drink on arrival to enjoy whilst you mingle with other guests before sitting down at the table
- A selection of artisan loose leaf teas supplied by Saffron Tea including English Breakfast (rich &
full bodied), Organic Earl Grey (flavoured with oil of bergamot), Organic Darjeeling (known as the “champagne” of teas) & Masala Chai (uses authentic aromatic Indian spices and herbs) served with milk or lemon
- A selection of Twinings fruit teas including a special Artisan loose leaf fruit tea, decaffeinated tea & Peppermint tea
- Taylors of Harrogate ground coffee including Lazy Sunday (smooth & moreish) & Decaffe served with milk or cream
The dining table is set with a mixture of vintage crockery & cutlery along with your own individual tea or coffee pot.
- A variety of petite sandwiches made from white, brown or seeded bread
- Selection may include:
- egg & cress,
- Ham with chutney
- Roast beef with rocket & mustard
- brie & red grape
- A savoury selection of mini tarts & savoury muffins
- Freshly made scones with jam and cream
- Sweet delights including macarons with a white chocolate & raspberry filling, ginger cakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate brownies, raspberry ripple cheesecake, swirly lemon fingers & mini lemon cheesecakes to name but a few.
How it works
The location of the Tea Room is kept a secret until you book and then full directions are provided.
Rachael’s Secret Tea Room opened its doors for the first time in September 2012.
Rachael’s Secret Tea Room is now available any day of the week as long as
Gorgeous food for a boxed afternoon tea delivery. Beautifully and carefully boxed up, delicious savouries, cakes and sandwiches, good value for money and a lovely lady. Would definitely have again. Thank you so much
I highly recommend
I highly recommend, we have used Rachael to provide afternoon tea boxes, as well as food for parties buffets at home, and kids parties. Friends have also used on my recommendation and thanked me for the contact as their guests have also been so impressed! The choice and menus is great for sweet and savory items, a great price too. Everything is made fresh, delicious and all homemade with love! Thank you Rachael!